Sunday 18 July 2010

Yay, I'm sick....

Today was pretty much eventless.... Turns out I have tonsilitis, which was what I guessed.
Around lunchtime, I just couldn't bear the pain, and decided I would go to the doctor's today instead of tomorrow. So finally I got some antibiotics, thank god. They take up to 24 hours to kick in, but it is a little better still.

When I could work up the energy, I made myself some beautiful soup with all the pumpkin, cauliflower and carrot I'd been meaning to use up for a few days now. Threw in some organic lentils and voilá - perfect therapy for my throat!
So that was the only thing I ate because everything else I attempted just wouldn't agree with my throat, and I've had to have my water ice cold in order to get it down. Which was why I thought some ice cream would be really great for my throat. So I went and bought some. I bought only a small tub, but ended up eating pretty much the whole thing... To be fair, aside from the soup, it's the only thing I had. While I know that's not great in terms of calories, I'm not beating myself up about it, because I'm sick, and restricted in what I can get down.

Looks like I will have to get my classes tomorrow night covered again. But to be honest I'd rather stay away from exercise one more day, than get back into it too quickly and thereby keep myself from getting better. And quite frankly, if I feel like this tomorrow, I won't be in any condition to exercise, anyway.
I don't think I'll cancel the psychologist though, because even though it hurts to talk, I just don't want to have to reschedule, and I figure it's only an hour, so if I want I can go back to bed for the whooole day afterwards!

You know what I have worked out, by the way? One of my biggest diet-downfalls is the absence of lunch. I don't purposely skip lunch, I just never know what to have. So most of the time I'll just have lots of snacks, which basically means I spend mid-morning to late-arvo in a semi-hungry state. That then leads me to believe that I mustn't have eaten much (although 90% of the time I know that in fact I have) and then I reach for the odd snack food, which I then can't control, which then ends in a binge. That's why I think planning my days in advance will help, because then at least I will have a set lunch in there.
Tomorrow I'm planning to have soup for lunch, and then my Aussie sis dropped off some low fat homemade sheperd's pie before (bless her, it's my favourite) so that will be dinner, maybe with some extra steamed veg on the side. God, I'm really craving an apple, too. But right now that's a bad idea. As soon as my throat is happier, though, it'll be the first thing on the menu ;)

Anyway, a rather boring post today, sorry guys! I'm sure tomorrow will be much more exciting, what with the psychologist and all, so until then-
good night!

Love,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment